If you are already married,
celebrate your anniversary or other special occasion with a beautiful
Marriage Vow Renewal Ceremony
- Ideal for a special anniversary.
- A great gift for parents,… anytime.
- Perfect to reconfirm a marriage that’s been through troubled times.
Like fine wine,… a good marriage grows better with age. What better way to show your love for one another than by renewing your original marriage commitment ?
Whether you’ve been married one year, five years, ten years, or fifty years, a Marriage Vow Renewal Ceremony is the perfect way to say “I love you” and “I choose to spend the rest of my life with you.”
In fact, a Marriage Vow Renewal Ceremony is such a special event that many couples often describe this ceremony as more joyful and more meaningful than their original wedding!
And while a Vow Renewal Ceremony is often associated with a Wedding Anniversary, it is appropriate any time a couple desires to renew their commitment to each other. Some couples like to make it a special event for family and friends.
The Old Catholic Church of Hawaii promises to give you a very beautiful and memorable ceremony. If desired, our Ministers are even willing to personalize the vows to your individual desires.
Some common questions about vow renewals
Is there any particular time that a couple should consider a renewal ceremony?
The very best time for a vow renewal ceremony is any time a married couple feels moved to rededicate their love for one another. We offer Marriage Vow Renewal services 365 days a year and can usually accommodate any special date request of the couple.
- Many couples choose to renew their vows on their wedding anniversary, especially one of significance such as the first year, fifth year, tenth year, twenty-fifth year, etc.
Some couples choose to renew their vows after going through a family crisis or a difficult period that may have put a strain on their relationship.
- A Marriage Vow Renewal ceremony is often just the thing to strengthen their resolve and commitment to one another.
Others choose moving into a new home or the birth of a new child as a time for renewal, often seeking a blessing for the baby as part of the service.
- It’s also a very thoughtful gift,… that the children can give to their parents.
So, as you can see, any time is the right time for a Marriage Vow Renewal Ceremony.
How long does a vow renewal ceremony last?
- Approximately a half hour depending upon the number of options and readings chosen.
Where are your renewal ceremonies held?
- This is entirely dependent on where the couple wants to have it,… private residence, office, banquet room, park, beach, Church. Anywhere that is meaningful to them. Often times the ceremony is held in the home with a house blessing included.
What does a renewal service cost?
A Vow Renewal package is available for just $225.00. This includes the following:
- Minister/Officiant that fully understands the sacredness of the ceremony.
- A Sand Unity presentation during the ceremony
- Keepsake Vow Renewal Certificate (suitable for framing)
What do you mean by a “personalized” Vow Renewal Ceremony?
- Some couples want to create their own vows for the Renewal Ceremony. If desired, couples can participate in crafting their ceremony to create a unique and memorable service.
- Further down this page, there are several samples of the different types of vow renewal scripts we have available. You may also choose to write your own.
- When possible, we will also try to have your special songs played during the ceremony.
May other people participate in the ceremony?
- By all means. Special people in your lives may certainly take part in your renewal ceremony. This often includes children, guests, and attendants who were at the original wedding,… as well as friends and relatives.
What actually takes place at a renewal ceremony?
A Marriage Vow Renewal ceremony follows a pattern such as this:
- Introduction and welcome
- Acknowledgment of any children
- Comments by friends/family (optional)
- Renewal of vows
- Re-dedication / Re-blessing of Rings
- Giving of new rings or gifts (optional)
- Final reading
- Optional post ceremony celebration (i.e. champagne toast, coffee & cake, photographs)
Is this a religious ceremony?
- Yes. Because a couple/family is the considered the Domestic Church, this type of ceremony is no doubt very pleasing to our Lord. A recommitment and rededication to each other is essentially a recommitment/rededication to our Lord. As such, it is indeed a sacred Christian ceremony.
Are there any legal requirements for a renewal ceremony?
- There are no legal requirements for a Marriage Vow Renewal Ceremony in the State of Hawaii.
How do we go about scheduling a renewal service?
- To schedule your Marriage Vow Renewal ceremony, call or email me directly at (808) 347-6615 / firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation and visit.
Here are some Sample Vows
Vows Option A. (Traditional)
I __________, once again take you _________, to be my lawfully wedded (Husband/Wife), to have and to hold from this day forward, for better for worse, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part.
Vows Option B.
I ____________, once again take you, __________, to be my always-and-forever (Husband/Wife). I have known no other love like yours and I joyously re-pledge myself to you now, just as I did ____ years ago. I will continue to share with you all of the good and all of the bad, all of the joy and all of the sorrow of life. I rejoice in our marriage and promise to continue loving you for the rest of my life. This is the covenant I renew with you today, in the presence of out Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Vows Option C.
(Name of Husband/Wife) I believe in this marriage more strongly now than ever and it is with both a joy and a trust born of experience that I commit myself once again to you, to be your loving and faithful (Husband/Wife). You are the love of my life and I wish to spend the rest of my life married to you.
Vows Option D.
My dearest __________, it was _____ years ago that we first pledged our commitment to one another, but it seems like just yesterday that I was standing across from my (beautiful bride/handsome groom). We have been through a lot together,… laughter and tears, joy and sorrow,… and yet, through all of those times, I can honestly say, I have loved you every step of the way. Today, I want to renew those vows again and pledge my love and life to you. I promise to be there for you in sickness and in health, and through all the stages of life, on good and bad hair days. Whether you feel thin, fat, beautiful, ugly, fit and trim, or out of shape,… I will always think that you are perfect – perfect for me. I am here to be your supporter, your confidant, and your best friend. You have been a blessing to me for all these years and am honored that I get to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you.
Vows Option E.
We share a very special kid of love because over the years, we have shared so many other things too: happy memories, precious dreams, little every day discoveries, private jokes that no one else would understand. We have come to know each other’s strengths and vulnerabilities, and how to really make each other happy. We even think alike in a lot of ways but not about everything, just enough to make life interesting between us. I’d say we make a pretty great team you and I,… and I wouldn’t trade what we have together as husband and wife for anything in the world.
Vows Option F.
On a day in the past, I took you as my beloved (Husband/Wife). With the passage of time, my love for you has grown stronger and stronger. We have shared a journey that hasn’t always been easy. But through it all, you have always been there for me,… as my friend and as my (Husband/Wife). I love to more today than yesterday,… but not as much as tomorrow. Our future together is everything to me.
Vows Option G.
In good times and bad, from start to the end, you’ve always stood by my side. During happy and sad times, through the joys and sorrows of life, with your hand in mine, I so happily, proudly, and thankfully enter tomorrow with you as my (Husband/Wife).
We look forward to hearing from you!